Registration open for LPR/GGR zone event

Race related chat
mikey
Site Admin

Registration open for LPR/GGR zone event

#1 Post by mikey » Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:19 pm

Click on the link below to register for the PCA Zone autocross event for the Loma Prieta Region and the Golden Gate Region-- held at the Marina Municipal Airport

https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/lp ... oss-337314
There is another racecar in my future

ddunwood

Re: Registration open for LPR/GGR zone event

#2 Post by ddunwood » Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:43 pm

Registration is about to close for both GGR & LPR. Actually, I think GGR capped theirs already, and LPR is almost at their limit.

mikey
Site Admin

#3 Post by mikey » Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:25 pm

Man, I wish I had my car ready. Looks like I will miss this one too

grant

#4 Post by grant » Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:42 pm

mikey wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:25 pm
Man, I wish I had my car ready. Looks like I will miss this one too
What are you doing to it? Thought it was all set?
2019 911 Carrera T - Pele
2015 Boxster S - Pearl

mikey
Site Admin

#5 Post by mikey » Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:08 pm

The last AX of 2018 (on the first run) I had a valve guide give up on me so I was fogging the course. Not knowing what the issue was I stopped and gave up my fight for class win against Bill. We were tied for points. It was going to be a hard fight but the car said no. So, I pulled the plugs on grid to see if I could get an idea of where the oil was coming from and going to. Strangely enough the plugs looked fine. Probably due to the fact that it was very little oil and it burned up rather completely. A little oil makes for a shit ton of smoke. I went home with my head hung low and my tail between my legs.

Subsequently, I pulled the engine and tore it apart to find the issue. This was a new build, after all. Less than one season on an engine build is uncommon for me so it was coming apart to determine the failure and see where we can improve. So, rebuilding and massaging the heads, new nikasil application and refinishing of the cylinders, etc... Hopefully we will be starting to put the thing back together next week and I'll make it to AX#3.

I had planned to do some other work on the car (aero, flare change, paint scheme change, etc...). Those will have to wait until winter.

mikey
Site Admin

#6 Post by mikey » Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:14 pm

@Bill C deserved the win. He kicked butt all season

grant

#7 Post by grant » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:17 pm

mikey wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:08 pm
The last AX of 2018 (on the first run) I had a valve guide give up on me so I was fogging the course. Not knowing what the issue was I stopped and gave up my fight for class win against Bill. We were tied for points. It was going to be a hard fight but the car said no. So, I pulled the plugs on grid to see if I could get an idea of where the oil was coming from and going to. Strangely enough the plugs looked fine. Probably due to the fact that it was very little oil and it burned up rather completely. A little oil makes for a shit ton of smoke. I went home with my head hung low and my tail between my legs.

Subsequently, I pulled the engine and tore it apart to find the issue. This was a new build, after all. Less than one season on an engine build is uncommon for me so it was coming apart to determine the failure and see where we can improve. So, rebuilding and massaging the heads, new nikasil application and refinishing of the cylinders, etc... Hopefully we will be starting to put the thing back together next week and I'll make it to AX#3.

I had planned to do some other work on the car (aero, flare change, paint scheme change, etc...). Those will have to wait until winter.
Oh man didn’t realize you had mechanical issues. Bummer! Get that motor back together and come out and have fun!
2015 Boxster S - Pearl

mikey
Site Admin

#8 Post by mikey » Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:35 am

Yes, I need to hop on it. This week I have some work obligations so it looks like it may be pushed out a couple more weeks. I'm itching to drive this thing!!!

ddunwood

#9 Post by ddunwood » Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:24 am

Here's the course map for Saturday this weekend at Marina. Sunday will be clockwise with a modified start & finish.
2019 LPR AX#2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

grant

#10 Post by grant » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:29 am

ddunwood wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:24 am
Here's the course map for Saturday this weekend at Marina. Sunday will be clockwise with a modified start & finish.
2019 LPR AX#2.jpg
Looks fun! :P Thanks Dave!
2015 Boxster S - Pearl