Wow my neighbor on the ring in a Cayman

Race related chat
grant

Wow my neighbor on the ring in a Cayman

#1 Post by grant » Tue May 21, 2019 10:38 pm

Hadn’t seen this video of my neighbor, and race car fab guy ,Brian on the Ring. He hauls butt! Not bad for a guy with little seat time in the car.

2019 911 Carrera T - Pele
2015 Boxster S - Pearl

hpatel

Re: Wow my neighbor on the ring in a Cayman

#2 Post by hpatel » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:23 pm

Hi Grant,

Kudos to your neighbor for putting down a super fast lap at the ring.

Coincidentally, I think I drove the exact same car at the exact same location (tourist day) three weeks prior. Here is my video - https://1drv.ms/v/s!AvpsCl-IH8Bth78CpV3MkP0KLJU5Dw. What a difference three weeks make. I felt like a mailperson. Neither rain nor snow was going to stop me.

grant

Re: Wow my neighbor on the ring in a Cayman

#3 Post by grant » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:45 pm

hpatel wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:23 pm
Hi Grant,

Kudos to your neighbor for putting down a super fast lap at the ring.

Coincidentally, I think I drove the exact same car at the exact same location (tourist day) three weeks prior. Here is my video - https://1drv.ms/v/s!AvpsCl-IH8Bth78CpV3MkP0KLJU5Dw. What a difference three weeks make. I felt like a mailperson. Neither rain nor snow was going to stop me.
Cool vid! He is quite the shoe. He has taken me on ride alongs in my race cars and all I can say is Im not worthy and that I scream like little girl as I have never have gone through turns as fast as he can. One day at T hill he was in my stockish 370 Z and we passed a GT3 coming out of a turn on inside - was one of those moves I was saying no you aren't going to do that and he just did it with us in 4 wheel drift. I probably learned most about car control etc from my few brief rides with him. Great story as he had originally booked a BMW M2 but he drove it so hard it kept on overheating. So they put him in Cayman. They told him they usually don't have people who come to Ring for first time who are able to drive it as fast as him. He had only taken a couple laps before that video. The guy could be pro driver but he runs his own team and business.

He has set track records all over California though. Another time when we finished my 400 hp 370Z race car and took it to Laguna Seca to test the car and I thought I was hauling ass setting low 1:42 laptimes and he went out and set 1:36 in my car. He was going so much faster that splitter was hitting track from compression coming out of corkscrew. funnier yet he was unhappy with his time and felt car had another two seconds.

Now one of my bucket list items will be to go to RIng and drive a Porsche - but don't think I will go that fast!
2019 911 Carrera T - Pele
2015 Boxster S - Pearl