Hey Larry, how was the Good Guys Autocross last weekend?

Race related chat
mikey
Site Admin

Hey Larry, how was the Good Guys Autocross last weekend?

#1 Post by mikey » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:47 pm

@krote6 Hey, I heard you had a blast at the Goodguys Autocross last weekend
There is another racecar in my future

krote6

Re: Hey Larry, how was the Good Guys Autocross last weekend?

#2 Post by krote6 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:44 am

so there was maybe 50 to 60 cars in attendance. There was about 15 cars from the Facebook Focus fan boy page there. Many of them have never autocrossed, some have done track days. Good guys is a odd type of Autocross. you practice all day Saturday and Sunday morning. Then the top 8 Pro cars and the top 8 Street machines go into a shoot out bracket. I usually show up only Sunday morning. My first run was good enough to beat all of the Focis and make the shootout. So the bracket for the shootout had me as the second seed based on my times in Street machine. the only rules are you must have 200 tread wear tires. The number one seed in Street machine class was a 1963 Corvette convertible with 315 wide tires and around 450 horsepower not stock at all. I won my first round and the Corvette won his first round. so we go head to head in the second round. I was thinking most brackets would have me and the third fastest guy run against each other and the first seed run against number 4. But good guys was trying to make sure that the two Focuses would not have a chance to win it. My second round time was 60.666 to the Vettes 60.660. I almost beat him. the other Focus beat his opponent and went against the Vette for the class win. to bad the vette beat him The Focis finished second and Third overall.

mikey
Site Admin

Re: Hey Larry, how was the Good Guys Autocross last weekend?

#3 Post by mikey » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:25 pm

That sounds exciting. I wish I was there to take photos. Is there a place online we can see photos from the event?
There is another racecar in my future