Long time no see. Here is what I am up to

Race related chat
mikey
Site Admin

Long time no see. Here is what I am up to

#1 Post by mikey » Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:16 pm

It has been too long since I posted an update so here it is. As you know, I sold what some affectionately called "The Pumpkin" to Ed H. He is kicking serious butt in that thing. I bought another car and made this...
BananaBoat72dpi.gif
I also embarked on a new career. I now work for the City and County of San Francisco. It has been a little over 3 years and I absolutely LOVE my job.

OK, your turn. Start a new post and tell us about what you've been up to!!!

Mike
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
There is another racecar in my future

grant

Re: Long time no see. Here is what I am up to

#2 Post by grant » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:23 am

Cool Mike! I noticed that Ed has entered GT3 in recent autocrosses. Did he sell pumpkin?
2019 911 Carrera T - Pele
2015 Boxster S - Pearl

grant

#3 Post by grant » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:56 am

For me its been whirlwind past 3 years. Started new job about same time as you Mike. Unfortunately it takes me out of country almost every month not much time for AX. Hadn't autocrossed for over 6 months before most recent LPR event. Whooo was really rusty. Even got lost . LOL!

….So given my crazy work schedule and no time to work on race car I sold the Cayman Race car to AX couple we all know. Sold my trailer and two decades of race gear too. I had tons of stuff from all past cars. fiberglass, LSDs, 914 axles and CVs . I was eBay seller extraordinaire. LOL! Not sure why I held on to so much but was fun clearing it out. Funny thing is Im still finding parts. Just found a 370 Z LSD yesterday in a box in my shed. LOL!

Then ordered one of my favorite new 911's, 991.2 Carrera T, direct from Porsche factory. Porsche Monterey did wonderful job in helping me get allocation and ordering car. Arrived late January. Not fastest 911 but it does every thing so well . I was heartbeat away from new 718 GTS Cayman but I just couldn't live with 4 banger turbo. Just seemed to lose a bit of Porsche magic for me so for just a little more went for the 911 T. First 911 for me in 30 years and loving it!

Its funny ….in my first autocross run in 911 I was thinking hmmmm doesn't feel much different than Cayman and then started pushing hard and it was like whoa there is some weight back there! This car puts a smile on my face like my race cars and I can drive it home with heat or AC and stereo have so mission accomplished.

...And I hear my Boxster race car is back in area. Albert C bought it? Don't know if it will go to any autocrosses or if will be production race car? So cool to have it back in area. I know motor was upgraded to nice 2.9 liter with cams etc.
2019 911 Carrera T - Pele
2015 Boxster S - Pearl

mikey
Site Admin

#4 Post by mikey » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:19 pm

I heard Ed is just rebuilding the engine on The Pumpkin so hopefully we will see him out there with it soon. I'll email him and maybe he will get on here and chime in. It would be great to get an update on everyone since our careers have had us out of the game for a while.

Albert posted the Boxster buy on Facebook.very cool. I believe he said the intended use was road racing. I'll send him a message and see if he will chime in too. It would be great to hear from him.

Woody

#5 Post by Woody » Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:24 pm

Hi guys, nice to see you.
3CE2C6D3-5017-49DA-8C63-2A11AB380CA9.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mikey
Site Admin

#6 Post by mikey » Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:28 pm

Hey there Woody!!! LOVE the wing, man. Do you have any video from your first event that you can post? If so, start a new post with an update on the event from your neck of the woods. It's great to hear from you, buddy.

Woody

#7 Post by Woody » Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:32 pm

Let me see what I can come up with.

sl951

#8 Post by sl951 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:30 pm

Cayman Racecar - Mmm Bitchin !!! - THANK YOU @grant It has the goods.