What are AX sites status for this year?

Race related chat
KenJ

What are AX sites status for this year?

#1 Post by KenJ » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:11 pm

What I've heard.... but who knows if it's correct?

Redwood Region - Santa Rosa is closed, but attempts being made for Ukiah.
GGR - this is the last year at Alameda?
Sacramento - losing site mid season?
Crow's Landing - ?
Thunderhill - ? Sacramento had one there last year?

Where are people chatting since this site has gone stone cold? I guess I'm out of it since I don't and never will use Facebook - GGR group uses that?

thanks,

kj
'73E... the "mild" sleeper

ddunwood

Re: What are AX sites status for this year?

#2 Post by ddunwood » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:00 pm

Tap tap tap, this thing still working? :hai: It would be nice to see this site get active again.

Marina only has approval through the end of February so far, hopefully just because of the government shutdown. Still waiting on FAA approval for the rest of the year.

mikey
Site Admin

#3 Post by mikey » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:05 pm

End of February??? I thought we had the entire season scheduled.

Hi Ken and Dave. I'll try to revive this forum this Autocross season. Maybe we can get some old friends chatting again.

Mikey
There is another racecar in my future

ddunwood

#4 Post by ddunwood » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:03 pm

The entire season is scheduled, Marina Motorsports hasn't accepted deposits for any events past the end of February yet.
http://marinamotorsports.org/calendar/? ... 2#calendar

mikey
Site Admin

#5 Post by mikey » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:52 pm

Ah, I see. Well, hopefully this will get resolved soon
There is another racecar in my future

psmith

#6 Post by psmith » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:50 am

Here is what I've heard in regards to GGR sites, though certainly nothing certain:

Marina: This is not yet approved, but is expected to be. While back Marina Motorsports was supposedly looking into another possible site (the former motor pool site?). I never heard anything more on that, so maybe someone else can elaborate? Though I suspect that wound up dead as it seems redevelopment in that area continues, and it is probably dead.

Alameda: Last I heard this was progressing, and a possibility that this won't be the last year. I was told some of the GGR members that live in Alameda have been in contact with the City, and are it sounded like there is a chance? Would be nice since at the moment there is no funding or deals in place for redevelopment of the site.

Crow's Landing: Though we've only used this site once (and it was fun, if a bit of a drive), it sounds like this may now be the most threatened site with redevelopment plans mostly approved. This seemed like the likely future for AX in the area, but seems like, at best, it is in the same year-to-year status as Marina and Alameda.

I am not sure if SCCA has made more progress with Stockton... otherwise it would probably be Thunderhiil.