16mm rear sway bar

Race related chat
Forum rules
Have fun and play nice.

16mm rear sway bar

Postby KenJ » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:28 am

… attempting to soften up the rear end and found a unique bar that I'm thinking was from a '68? Most of the earlies after '68 went either 15mm or 18mm. But, I'm not certain where this bar originated. I'm posting a crude illustration of the bushing locations for both the chassis and drop link. I went ahead a purchased "Porsche" 16mm bushings for the drop links and they have a corresponding groove in the center that mates with the contour of the bar's bushing area. Could this bar have come from some other model? - i.e. 944?

16mm rear bar.jpg

Update 11/19: based on PET for the period, it looks like a '67 bar. The 'unique' profile is the result of a very worn out bar.... 50 years of dirt and crud sanded down the bar. The rib in the center is probably due to the "Porsche" bushing for the 16mm having a cut grove in the inside center and therefore wasn't making contact. Don't know why it was contoured that way. The result essentially makes this a 15mm equivalent - not sure if I'll try 15mm bushes.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
'73E... the "mild" sleeper
KenJ

Return to Paddock area