My new grocery getter

Race related chat
Forum rules
Have fun and play nice.

My new grocery getter

Postby grant » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:02 pm

Kia Stinger GT2. ....It’s a freaking a rocketship. Twin turbo v6 with gobs of torque.
ImageImage
2010 Cayman S - Elsa
2015 Boxster S - Pearl
grant

Re: My new grocery getter

Postby WhuGmiT » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:22 pm

Hey Grant -

Fun!
Did you get rid of the Honda Civic Si ?

on another subject....
There is a guy asking basic questions about LSD on Cayman on the pca bbs.
Maybe if you get a chance, you could send him an opinion or two his way ;^)
http://bbs.pca-ggr.org/phpbb3/viewtopic ... 1&t=150599

Cheers,
-WhuGmiT
'68 912 Coupe, AX13
WhuGmiT

Postby grant » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:40 am

Yeah dumped the Civic. Wasn't happy with the car as a long term prospect. Lots of squeaks and rattles, terrible infotainment center, awful Bluetooth, Apple play not working well, weak clutch, could feel shocks losing dampening with just 8K miles on the car. Just wasn't holding up to my commute or working well as my morning and evening office. Seats were OK for short trips but they get bit uncomfortable with time in stop and go traffic. Decent little car but it had issues as a long term commuter. I got a killer deal on my SI on Trade. Essentially broke even on SI and got Kia at Invoice with ..09% financing for 60 months. So couldn't pass up that deal ...and I was watching Stinger and wanted to make sure it didn't have any glaring issues with intro year. haven't seen big issues yet.

I can never remember my sign in for that site. Id recommend a torsion diff for someone I don't know their driving style and experience. I run 50/50 but make lots of accommodations for clutch type in my setup and run hill climbs too.
2010 Cayman S - Elsa
2015 Boxster S - Pearl
grant

Postby mikey » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:58 pm

How long have you been keeping bees? I have 3 hives. Been doing it for many years.
There is another racecar in my future
mikey
Site Admin

Postby grant » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:26 pm

mikey wrote:How long have you been keeping bees? I have 3 hives. Been doing it for many years.

Past 2 years. Love them!
2010 Cayman S - Elsa
2015 Boxster S - Pearl
grant

Postby grant » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:40 am

One more of the sexy Kia

2010 Cayman S - Elsa
2015 Boxster S - Pearl
grant

Postby mikey » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:16 pm

Any upgrades planned or done?
There is another racecar in my future
mikey
Site Admin

Postby grant » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:04 pm

mikey wrote:Any upgrades planned or done?

This is my highway 17 commute vehicle. Nice and quiet for conference calls - great bluetooth connectivity and clarity. Comfortable ride etc. I rarely do much to my daily drivers. That said it is a bit soft for my taste even in sport mode. Car gets a bit unsettled when im driving fast up mountain roads - nothing terrible but just wallows a bit. I may put a set of eibach sport springs under the car. Other than that it doesn't need a thing. Turns great, grip is decent for such narrow tires on a big car (255 rear and 225 front) power is already crazy! Its muscle car fast (faster than most Mustang GTs) Brembo Brakes are freaking amazing. I love the auto braking feature on car. While I always brake in time for fast stopping traffic its just one extra bit of security that assures if im not right on brakes it will get car slowed down before I even put my foot on pedal. had traffic come to abrupt stop on a turn and my foot was already on brake but system was flashing and starting to apply just as I got on brakes. Waste of time features are lane keep and dynamic cruise control. If car doesn't drive itself dont expect me to watch it. But it does show what is coming. It will drive itself on straight road pretty well including coming to a stop. Maybe will be nice in stop and go traffic.

Think my only mod for now are a set of all weather mats. 8) Will have to drag it out for an AX though. Im itching to drift this sucker!

https://youtu.be/3inQpt-8A3g
2010 Cayman S - Elsa
2015 Boxster S - Pearl
grant

Return to Paddock area